General Terms and Conditions
§ 1 Applicability, definitions of terms
(1) Stadler Management AG, Ernst-Stadler-Strasse 1, 9565 Bussnang, Switzerland (hereinafter referred to as “Stadler”, “we”, “us” or “Webshop”) operates a Webshop at the website https://www.stadlerrail.shop for the distribution of its corporate book “Stadler – Von Bussnang in die Welt” (Stadler – from Bussnang to the world). The following General Terms and Conditions apply to all services between us and our customers (hereinafter referred to as “the Customer”, which expressly refers to all gender forms) in their version valid at the time of the order.
§ 2 Conclusion of the contract
(1) The following regulations regarding the conclusion of the contract apply to orders placed via our Webshop at https://www.stadlerrail.shop.
(2) Our product presentations on the Internet are non-binding and are not considered a binding offer to conclude a contract.
(3) On receipt of an order in our Webshop, the following regulations apply: the Customer makes an offer to enter into a contract by going through the order procedure made available in our Webshop as follows:
Selection of the desired goods,
Addition of products by clicking on the corresponding button (e.g. “Add to shopping basket” or similar),
Verification of the details of the shopping basket,
Consultation of the order overview by clicking on the corresponding button (e.g. “Proceed to checkout”, “Proceed to payment”, “To order overview” or similar),
Entry/verification of address and contact details, selection of the payment method and confirmation of the GTC,
Completion of the order by clicking on the “Buy now” button, which is deemed to be a binding contractual offer.
The contract shall be concluded when Stadler sends the Customer an order confirmation to the e-mail address provided within three working days.
(4) In the event of the conclusion of a contract for orders from Switzerland, the contract shall be concluded with Stadler Management AG, Ernst-Stadler-Strasse 1, 9565 Bussnang, Switzerland. If orders are placed from outside Switzerland, the order may also be executed by another company belonging to the Stadler Group.
(5) The processing of the order and transmission of all the information required in connection with the conclusion of the contract, in particular the order data, shall be carried out by e-mail after the order has been triggered by the Customer, in part automatically.
(6) Input errors can be corrected using the usual keyboard, mouse and browser functions (e.g. “Back button” in the browser). They can also be corrected if the Customer aborts the order process prematurely, closes the browser window and starts the process again.
(7) The processing of the order and transmission of all the information required in connection with the conclusion of the contract shall be carried out by e-mail, in part automatically. The Customer must therefore ensure that the e-mail address registered with us is correct, that the receipt of e-mails is technically guaranteed and, in particular, that it is not prevented by SPAM filters.
§ 3 Subject of the contract and essential characteristics of the products
(1) The purpose of our Webshop is the sale of goods which are the subject of this purchase contract. The actual goods offered can be found on our article pages.
(2) The essential characteristics of the goods can be found in the item description.
§ 4 Prices, shipping costs and delivery
(1) The prices listed in the respective offers are product prices including VAT. The shipping and packaging costs, which vary from country to country, are added to the shopping basket and specified again in the order overview.
(2) The purchase price shall be paid when the product is ordered. The available payment methods are shown under a correspondingly designated button in the Webshop or in the relevant offer. Unless otherwise stated for individual payment methods, payment claims are due for payment immediately.
(3) All products offered are ready for immediate dispatch, unless otherwise stated in the product description.
(4) Delivery can be made to Switzerland, the EU and the UK as well as Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway. Other countries are available on request.
§ 5 Right of retention, reservation of ownership
(1) The Customer may only exercise a right of retention insofar as it concerns claims from the same contractual relationship.
(2) The goods shall remain the property of Stadler until the purchase price has been paid in full.
§ 6 Right of return
The return period is 14 days. Information on the right of cancellation can be found here.
§ 7 Defects
Notices of defects may be submitted in writing within 14 days of receipt of the goods by contacting email@example.com
§ 8 Disclaimer
To the extent permitted by law, Stadler excludes all liability which may arise from access or impeded access to and use of the Webshop or individual elements thereof.
§ 9 Contractual language
German is the sole contractual language available.
§ 10 Final provisions/resolution of disputes
The order shall be governed by Swiss substantive law, to the exclusion of its rules on conflicts of laws and to the exclusion of the United Nations Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods (Vienna Convention, CISG, SR 0.221.221.1). The ordinary courts in Weinfelden (Canton of Thurgau, Switzerland) shall have exclusive jurisdiction over any disputes arising from or in connection with the order.